LSAA CODE OF ETHICS
- The responsibility of members for the welfare, health and safety of the community shall at all times come before their responsibility to the Industry and their Profession, to sectional or private interests, or to other members.
- Members shall act so as to uphold and enhance the honour, integrity and dignity of the Industry and their Profession.
- Members shall perform work only in their areas of competence.
- Members shall build their reputation on merit and strive to achieve the highest standards in all endeavours, and shall not compete unfairly.
- Members believe that the highest standards of the Industry cannot be maintained where adequate reward is lacking. Therefore Member's remuneration for endeavours are to be based on the true costs plus a fair and reasonable reward.
- Members shall apply their skill and knowledge in the best interests of their clients.
- Members shall give evidence, express opinions, make statements or promote their services in an objective and truthful manner and on the basis of adequate knowledge.
- Members shall continue their technical development and shall actively assist and encourage Members under their direction and other Members to advance their knowledge and experience.