This article has ben updated on May 4 2022.
The closing date for entries has now past and the entries have been collated and given to our Design Award Judges.
The date for the presentation of the LSAA Design Awards "2022" is now Thursday 26 May 2022 Download PDF Flyer
Venue: The first part of this FREE event will be in the School of Design and Architecture, Lecture Room AMDC301 (see below)
Swinburne University, Melbourne. Registrations and check in from 1.45pm
Details of how to get to the Campus can be found HERE
Format: The format is for short presentations of some submitted projects during the afternoon.
We will then adjourn to the nearby Hawthorn Hotel for networking over drinks and canapes.
The Awards Presentations will round off the evening.
Bookings: Bookings are necessary and can be done through Eventbrite
Note: Covid checkin and Proof of Vacinations or valid exemption required.
Program - a PDF version HERE
- 1.45 - 2.00pm Registration - at Swinburne University (Lecture Room AMDC301)
- 2.00 - 2.15pm Welcome by LSAA and Swinburne
- 2.15 - 2.40pm The Link, Chadstone Shopping Centre (Mike Lester & Martin Eddleston, MakMax Australia)
- 2.40 - 3.05pm Flinders University Footbridge Upgrade (Rowan Murray & Dr Paul Joseph, Ronstan Tensile Architecture)
- 3.05 - 3.30pm Curvecrete - Innovative Robotic Technology for Manufacturing Doubly Curved Concrete Forms
(Daniel Prohasky, Curvecrete / Swinburne University)
- 3.30 - 4.00pm Afternoon Tea / Networking
- 4.00 - 4.25pm Sharjah Safari Birds of Africa Aviary (Peter Lim & James Marr, Tensys)
- 4.25 - 4.45pm Playground Structures - A Perspective (Peter Kneen, LSAA)
- 4.45 - 5.15pm Fire Regulation & Fabrics - LSAA Update (Mike Lester and Lisa James, LSAA Fire Subcommittee)
- 5.15pm Close Symposium Sessions (Peter Lim LSAA)
- 6.00 - 6.20pm Welcome Address (Peter Lim, LSAA)
- 6.20 - 8.00pm Awards Presentation (Robert Cahill LSAA, Master of Ceremony)
Lecture Room AMDC301 is the purple dot on the map below:
There will be ample time set aside for social networking and compare notes as to adjusting to bushfires, floods, Covid and new working environments etc.
The LSAA committee will be keen to have feedback on how we can move forward and provide value for our members.