Small Fabric Structures: Typically these may be of a plan area of 250 square metres or less. They are often used as shade structures or as signature items at entrances to larger buildings.
Other applications include the provision for a shaded area in playgrounds, school yards, car dealerships and as internal sculptures.
They may be made from coated fabrics as a water-proof barrier or of open fabric such as knitted shade cloth. Some examples are:
The following articles are in random order:
60 Margaret Street
Credits - Entered by MakMax
Category: Tension structures - (coated fabrics) less than 500sqm
Client: W. Eggerking & Co Pty Ltd
Engineer: Tensys, Peter Lim
Fabric: Hiraoka 212-II SAC
Date completed: 21 February 2012
Address: 60 Margaret Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Steel Supplier: Steelman
Fabric Supplier: Hiraoka Australia
Shop With Me Mobile Pop Up
Tensys Engineers Pty Ltd (Engineer)
Location: Chicago / New York / Dallas / Las Vegas / San Jose. Completed: 2014
Client: with me. com
Nerang State School Outdoor Amphitheatre, Qld
APPLICATION OF PROJECT:
Playground Shade Structure: the amphitheatre provides a modern sheltered assembly area for students and teachers, and boasts a unique architectural focal point within the school.
As part of the Queensland Government National School Pride Program, a project was created for the design and construction of twin architectural roof canopies to cover the Nerang State School outdoor amphitheatre.
Key elements of the design brief included:
• Structures were designed to cover both the stage and the audience steps
• The main area had to be completely covered
• Views had to be maintained between the canopy and the amphitheatre stairs
• Provide all‐weather protection for the students of Nerang State School
• Complete installation had to be achieved during the summer school holiday period so as not to interrupt students during construction
Page 1 of 7