For the LSAA 2020 Design Awards, structures completed since October 2018 will be considered.
The 2020 Design Awards along with the 2020 Conference have been postponed until 2021.
LSAA Members and non-members may enter (different fees apply).
The Awards are also open to companies or individuals who may not have acted as the main designer, fabricator or installer.
However only one entry per project will be considered.
DETAILS (Outline only)
- One entry per project
- Entry forms must be completed and submitted with entry fees by the due date
- Judging is based on the written information and a range of high quality digital images as specified
- Images should show overall concept and design, main supporting systems, a range of connection details, erection, interior and exterior views.
- CAD drawings may assist but must be in PDF format
- Material submitted including images must be cleared of any Copyright restrictions and entries will be used as a basis for new articles on the LSAA website and Social Media outlets.
- Proposed new fees per entry (post 2018) are $AUD300 for LSAA Financial members and $AUD400 for non-members.
The LSAA Design Awards are for completed projects since the date of the previous Awards (eg November 2018) and will considered in the following categories:
- SMALL STRUCTURES
Domestic, Project area < 250m2
- MEDIUM STRUCTURES
Project area between 250m2 and 1,000m2
- SHADECLOTH APPLICATIONS
External tensioned structures from shadecloth material.
- LARGE STRUCTURES
Project area exceeds 1,000m2
- GLAZING AND VERTICAL FACADES
Large span glazing walls or roofs, other forms of lightweight facades (cablenets etc) to control interior environments.
- DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION COLLABORATION
Completed Iconic projects whose success is attributed to close collaboration between multiple members of a team and where extensive use was made of emerging collaborative tools. Entries in this category are to be signed off by at least three different team members.
- SPECIAL APPLICATIONS AND INNOVATIONS
Includes applications of lightweight structures used in an interior environment, manufactured as a product, and can be either temporary, demountable, relocatable or permanent structures. (Interior structures, large awnings, shelter structures, are some examples). Applications using new technology and sustainability principles. Innovations in the teaching of collaborative design
- INTERNATIONAL PROJECTS
Any lightweight structure may be submitted that satisfies the Entry Conditions. International Projects may be judged in one of the 7 Categories above.